Riverside Healthcare Announces 2018 Art 4 Heart Awards and Recognitions
Congratulations and thank you to all of this year's participants!
KANKAKEE, IL (February 23, 2018) | Over 200 students, teachers and community members joined Riverside Healthcare at the Seventh Annual Art 4 Heart event at The Majestic in Kankakee on Thursday, February 22. The reception featured artwork submitted by 53 talented high school students depicting the journey to a healthy heart through the artist's eye.
Submissions included intricate drawings, paintings, sculptures, photography and more from the following schools:
- Bishop McNamara High School
- Bradley Bourbonnais Community High School
- Central High School
- Dwight Township High School
- Herscher High School
- Iroquois West High School
- Kankakee High School
- Kankakee Trinity Academy
- Momence High School
- Peotone High School
- Reed-Custer High School
Pictured Left to Right: Emma Maze (Canvas Painting); Katrina Hosek (Ceramic Mugs); Dr. Arshad Yousuf; Skylar Goode (Ceramic with Lights); Lisa Hanley; Beth Saathoff (Ceramic Games);Kathryn Kurtz (Framed Print); Christina Loraine
The following awards were presented by this year's guest juror, Lisa Hanley, an award-winning local artist, Christina Loraine, Curator of Art 4 Heart and Dr. Arshad Yousuf, cardiothoracic surgeon at the Riverside Heart & Vascular Institute:
- Grand Prize: Katrina Hosek, Bradley Bourbonnais Community High School
- 1st Runner Up: Beth Saathoff, Bradley Bourbonnais Community High School
- 2nd Runner Up: Kathryn Kurtz, Bishop McNamara High School
- Social Media #riversidea4h: Skylar Goode, Grant Park High School
- Doctor's Recommendation: Emma Maze, Reed-Custer High School
Visit RiversideHealthcare.org to learn more about Riverside's community involvement and award-winning services.