Riverside Healthcare Gives More Than $10,700 to Local High Schools
Scores for Schools Program Earns Money for 16 Area High School Athletic Programs
Riverside Healthcare's annual Scores for Schools program gives more than $10,700 to 16 area high schools.
Each year a check presentation is held at the Riverside Medical Center to celebrate the athletic achievements of the area high schools. Participating schools are invited to bring coaches and one to two athletes from each sport to enjoy refreshments, fellowship and personally accept their check from Riverside's President and CEO, Phil Kambic.
"The Scores for Schools program is a unique opportunity," said Phil Kambic. "Riverside is able to recognize student athletes and area schools for their hard work and commitment, and in turn, each experience Riverside's commitment to investing in the future of their communities, year after year."
Schools have the opportunity to earn $25 for every home varsity football touchdown, $20 for every home volleyball game won, and for those schools without a football program, $10 for every home varsity boys soccer goal.
The participating schools accepted the following amounts:
- Beecher High School - $800
- Bishop McNamara High School - $615
- Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School - $695
- Central High School - $695
- Coal City - $390
- Grant Park High School - $630
- Herscher High School - $830
- Kankakee High School - $650
- Kankakee Trinity Academy - $480
- Manteno High School - $955
- Momence High School - $615
- Peotone High School - $520
- Reed-Custer High School - $920
- St. Anne High School - $300
- Watseka High School - $965
- Wilmington High School - $700
For more information on Riverside's award winning care, visit www.riversidehealthcare.org.